Friday, August 5, 2011

A: How is this possible?  Looking at weather averages I looked up my hometown zip, Anchorage and Seattle for precipitation averages.  My hometown somehow has the most consistent amount of rain and a heck of a lot more than Anchorage and “rainy” Seattle yet I never remember it being so rainy.  Sure we’d get storms and downpours every now and again but since I’ve lived up here I was sure that Anchorage would have considerable amounts of precipitation more than where I’m from.  I’m confused.   Oh wait wait maybe the humidity has something to do with it.  It has to because otherwise it’s just not logistically correct!


30 minutes of my day well spent. :)
S: Hah!  That’s hilarious.  Also, I love how you can see the pattern for rainy/dry season.  I think part of the reason for the difference is when it rains in Georgia it probably rains like crazy.  Even though it’s always wet at home, it’s often the kind of drizzle that doesn’t really accumulate.  Basically it’s enough to keep the cement wet all the time.  It doesn’t rain hard super often.
A: I see, that makes more sense.  When it rains it pours in Georgia and can occasionally lead to flash flooding.  It’s like getting my blood drawn, I’d rather take the larger volume of blood going out in a shorter period than a small needle that makes the blood trickle out and takes forever.  The rain is the same way, I’d rather have a downpour for a day than 7 days of drizzle and overcast-ness.  But hey that’s just me!
S: I guess that’s true.  I was just so used to it that I didn’t even think about it.  You just always assume that you’ll need a jacket, because it’s always going to rain.
A: I have a crunch bar if you’re still hungry.  Also a kind of sad/dry looking Clementine….
S: :) Thanks, but I think I’ll survive.  If for no other reason than my body is perfectly capable of surviving off of my own body fat for several days.  I think it can handle a few hours.
S: I have a serious case of the head nods…
A: Go outside and lay down in the wet grass.  Or I could throw soft objects at you.
S: That might be necessary...
S: If you find yourself feeling particularly power-savvy, I have a test for you.
A: I hardly ever feel power-savvy, but go for it.
S: I have a cubicle that I don’t know how to get power to.  Is there any way to route power around a column?

No comments:

Post a Comment